
USU Season is officially over....its hard to believe that this most likely is my last season here and next year, who knows where I'll be! We ended up in the season finishing 9-7-5 and sharing the WAC title. Last Sunday, we were going into our game 4th place in the standings. In order for us to finish 2nd, we had to win and Idaho had to lose. In order for us to finish in first, we had to win, Idaho had to lose, and San Jose needed to either tie or beat Boise (the winner of the San Jose/Boise game would win the WAC). If Boise had beat San Jose, with us winning and Idaho losing, we would've finished 2nd. Boise ended up dropping to 5th! That's how close the standings were. Heather, Sara and I went to Texas Roadhouse after our game vs. Hawaii and we watched the score tracker of the San Jose/Boise game on my phone knowing what the possibilities were based on our win and now on the score of that game! It's still crazy to think that we won the WAC...if you had asked me two years ago if I would ever coach college soccer and coach a college team who won their conference, I would've laughed! After calling and texting my family and close friends, Sara and I went to campus to take pictures with the Blue A...whenever an athletic team at USU wins a game, the A on Old Main (the oldest building on campus) is lighted blue. On Wednesday morning, the team left at 6:30am on a chartered plane (previously flown by the L.A. Galaxy just a few days before) and flew to Monroe, Louisiana via Lamar, Colorado. I got to take my picture in the cockpit of the plane!!!! The WAC tournament was in Ruston, LA...and USU got to bring home the WAC 1st place trophy (San Jose will have their's mailed to them once it is made), so on the way home, we buckled that sucker into a seat on the plane! Despite not making it to conference finals (which was really disappointing), it was a fun trip home. Another highlight of the trip was my mom came out for it with her cousins, Martha and Gilbert McCown. It was fun to see them and have family there...and of course my mom took lots of pictures!


Here's a random pic from Halloween. Heather, Sara and I carved pumpkins on Saturday night, then watched Clash of the Titans. Motley, Heather's dog was lying on my lap, and I was hugging her because it was a pretty intense movie (don't laugh...I really was scared!) and something jumped out and I screamed and poor Motley had no idea what was going on, and left me to cuddle with Sara. :( It was a fun night though! I great Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment