Pics from my last RSL game :(
Pics from the last two years...








Other thoughts...I kinda got a slap in the face last night from a friend that I've been trying to help or have been helping with different things in his life....I always tell him I have girls to set him up with, but he tells me he has no friends to help me out in that department. He keeps complaining that he has no friends in Logan (that's great, because I think I'm his friend and I live in Logan), and how he has no one to hang out with there (again, I'm in Logan...and I've made efforts to hang out, etc). We talk a lot about soccer, being LDS and single at our age, church, etc...and its been cool just to talk to someone who "gets" it because in the Church, I feel like its such a hard position at times and I know that coaching soccer (and the schedule that comes with it) isn't making things easier for me, and people don't always understand why I can't just quit soccer, make friends or find a guy and get married...its not always that easy and when I wasn't coaching soccer awhile back, my situation didn't change. But I was also hoping that through befriending my friend, I would just find a good friend to hang out with here. So last night he told me about how he exchanged numbers with a really cute girl (who is much younger than he is-which isn't a surprise because he is naturally attracted to younger girls-- but it's exciting for him because its a new prospect and its new and that's always really fun, right?), and then he said, "at a minimum, she will be really fun to hang out with." That's great, so here I am, taking the time to be his friend, help him out, etc...hoping to just find a good friend up here in return....and apparently, I'm not young enough, fun enough, or cute enough for him to hang out with. Hmmm...I'd say this probably isn't an ideal friend situation and its time to move on...maybe that's selfish, but for anyone who knows me well remembers the experience I had in SLC with someone who was very similar, I gave a lot and he took a lot, never was a mutual friendship...I got burned pretty good in the end...learned my lesson the hard way...once bitten, twice shy, ya know?
My house...I moved to Hyrum in July..it's beautiful here. Everyday I feel so blessed to live with such beauty right before my eyes...its just amazing. See pics below...

No comments:
Post a Comment