Risk more than others think is safe, care more than others think is wise, dream more than others think is practical, expect more than others think is possible.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Going Wrong...a little venting session
You know how sometimes everything seems to go wrong? Yep...last two days, everything has gone wrong (well, except dating because...well...I'm not dating, and church....things are all good there). School, soccer (pretty much the only two things I do)....everything with that has gone wrong. NCAA jobs are posting...but USU may not have the money to help me go to a coaching licensing course I need as well as to a coaching convention that will help me network a little to give me better chances of competing in this college soccer circuit...so somehow I have to come up with the money myself. Well, the guy who broke into my car owes me money..nope, not paying it til he gets out of prison (possibly in 5 years) and I was told by the case worker that I will probably never see that money. So that leaves club soccer...a possibility there of earning some money...nope, USU's spring schedule makes it so coaching club most likely will not happen, and finding a part time job is out because we could practice anywhere from 4pm-8;30pm depending on the weather...I have no opportunity to earn money at all. And the study abroad course in South Africa? That's out if I can't earn money. And I may not even be able to go to the coaching convention because the class I am taking that has been offered on Mondays is now on Thursdays and last year when I was planning on taking the course, the professor told me he wouldn't work with me and my USU soccer schedule so I needed to take it another time, then he went on sabbatical for a year...so no convention, no recruiting, and I may be in trouble because my mom and I leave for Africa on a Tuesday....but my class ends on a Thursday...and why didn't I take this class last semester when it was offered on Mondays...well, I decided to coach a club team as a favor to a friend....yeah, that team was pure hell and the parents were pissed that I wasn't around all the time because I was coaching college soccer...so I altered my life for a bunch of ungrateful people...awesome, I could've been out of here anytime in the spring if I had chosen NOT to coach club, it was a mistake but there's nothing I can do about it now. Then I was told something about finding a job at the college level that may make it even more difficult to find a job...basically, if things pan out the way they might, my chances of finding a job coaching at the college level are very, very slim...which means I will have to teach, which I don't want to do, but I may not have a choice in the matter. Oh, and using my evenings to possibly go to mid-singles activities and try AGAIN to make friends here...not going to happen with the USU spring schedule. I was really frustrated yesterday, and things didn't stop til I went to bed last night. Luckily, I talked to three friends (two over the phone) and one had me over for dinner. We just "shot the breeze," didn't really talk about my problems or their problems, just talked. It was truly a blessing and just what I needed. I feel stronger this morning...I can do this, I just have to have faith that Heavenly Father has a plan...what that plan is right now, I'm not quite sure...it will be an interesting ride to find out that answer. Tyler and Kevin both called me last night to see how I was doing. I appreciate it when they do that...good to have brothers who care. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment