Friday, December 7, 2007

Hall Zamboni?!

So it is 8:30pm on Friday night and I just finished working the girls' basketball game. As I was walking to my classroom, I saw the custodians talking and they were gathered around the thingy they drive around to wax the floors...it is like a zamboni you see at ice skating rinks, but these are for waxing floors. I asked the custodians if I could have a ride on it, and one of the custodians said, "you can drive it if you want!" So I started making my rounds, picked up another English teacher who was still here grading papers (he stood on the side of it), and we made our two laps around the school. I found the button for the horn, so I started honking the horn almost too excessively until we drove by the front office and saw one of the assistant principals! At first, I think he thought we were students because he was staring us down, and then when he realized we were teachers, he started laughing! In of one of the hall intersections, Jake (my partner in crime) said, "let's see if this baby can turn around in circles." I asked, "like doughnuts?" So we started doing doughnuts on the hall zamboni!!! I have to give it credit, the hall zamboni has an excellent turning radius! Unfortunately, I have no picture and really, the story doesn't do the experience any justice...but how many times does a teacher get to ride the hall zamboni?! That's one for the history books!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Ha. That's hilarious. I don't think I would have ever thought to ask to ride on one of those things. Glad you had fun though.

Tara said...

makes me miss good old Lone Peak!