Last night I flew to California for the holidays. I think this is the year where I am feeling everything I should've felt last year with my dad being gone, but because I was so focused on playing Santa and making sure my mom was making it through last year, I didn't have time to really "feel" anything outside of the Christmas and family craziness. So let's just say that as I prepared to come home this year, I wasn't all into that "Christmas Spirit." Well, I think my mom must have secretly sensed my thoughts and feelings because when I walked into my bedroom, there was a little miniature tree set up on a table in the corner of my room. The theme of the tree...SOCCER! Oh yeah! My kind of tree! It really made my day and immediately put me back in the Christmas spirit.


My Christmas list...I really don't have one! I joked with my mom that a Nintendo Wii would be WAY COOL...though I don't know when I'd have time to play it! But in all honesty, I have everything I need and want for the time being and I know that I have been richly blessed with more than I could ever ask for...o.k. so maybe a date/boyfriend/husband would be nice along with a masters degree...but let's be realistic...what fun are those things if I don't work for it a little!
Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you find love, safety, peace and happiness! You deserve it!
2 comments:
You're Mom is simply fantastic. When is she going to get a blog??
Sorry you are sick! It's weird, the rest of me is perfectly fine and dandy it feels like. I just have this horrible cough. Hopefully it will go away soon. Hey give me a call when you get a chance, it has been a while! :) Love ya!
Great tree Marla! I couldn't think of a more appropriate theme :) It's beautiful.
Post a Comment