Risk more than others think is safe, care more than others think is wise, dream more than others think is practical, expect more than others think is possible.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Reflections
To add to my previous entry regarding influences for good, early Saturday evening, a very good friend of the family, Stephanie Weger, passed away losing a battle to cancer. She and her husband have known my parents since before they were married and our two families have seen each other through everything. They have been a constant in our lives, and if it wasn't for Steph, I don't think my mom would be as strong as she is today after losing my dad. She called my mom twice a day everyday, even while she was battling cancer, just to make sure my mom was doing o.k. Something I really miss about my dad are his bear hugs, and since my dad passed away, Steph, though not having the size or strength of my dad, always had a huge hug waiting for me when I came to visit. I will always remember walking into the chapel and seeing her come towards me welcoming me home with open arms. She was always concerned for others and she put others first. What a great influence and blessing she has been to me and my family over the course of our lives. After finding out about her passing, I regretted not telling her how much I appreciated her friendship with my mom. How important it is for us to tell those around us that we appreciate them, even for the little things! So my challenge to you this week....sit down and write someone a note to tell them how much you appreciate them!!!! :) Below is a picture of Stephanie holding my nephew, Kaleb.
No comments:
Post a Comment