This weekend was bitter-sweet. Bitter because Utah State lost both games. Friday night, we played No. 25 Washington and lost 2-0, and Sunday we lost to Seattle University 3-1. It was a bummer...I hate to lose, but it's also important to keep things in perspective and figure out what we can learn from it, then improve each game. We did stay in a really cool hotel! It is called the Hotel Deca near UW and it is decorated like no other hotel I've ever seen..and I've seen quite a few!
On Saturday, most of the girls went off with their families to tour Seattle, and we (the coaches) took the rest of the girls down to the Space Needle to walk around (we went on the bumper cars, which was a ton of fun, and the girls rode the little kiddie rides!), then we went over to Pikes Place Market. I've never been there before but heard a ton about it. It was actually really cool! On Saturday night, my aunt and uncle drove up from Gig Harbor, picked me up and took me to see my cousin, Donya, and her family! It was so fun to see them in their new home! Donya made homemade bread and apple pie (and Aunt Lynn and Uncle Richard said I need to come more often!). It was a great evening, a great break from the routine, and it was so nice to see family.
1 comment:
Oh, Seattle! Seeing your pictures reminds me of how much I grew to love that place! I'm so impressed with all your soccer amazingness (that's a word, right?)! That looks like so much fun coaching, traveling, doing what you love! Anyway, will you re-invite me to view your blog? Google won't let me merge my two accounts, so I'm switching everything to my other one. Thanks! kerr.tara@gmail.com
Post a Comment