Saturday, September 5, 2009

World Cup Qualifier!

WOW! I'm still on this high from the game! It was AMAZING! Great offense, great defense, crappy refs, great crowd.....GREAT SOCCER! And how often is it that all three goals of the game were off headers??? AMAZING! I went down to the World Cup Qualifier with our head coach, Heather. We left Logan around 2:30pm, went to eat at The Pie Pizzeria in Salt Lake, then headed to the game. We got there early enough to buy souveniers (Heather collects scarves for her office, and I just wanted a t-shirt and a hat--the hat is HUGE on my head...so sad). Anyway, we had amazing seats on the east side of the stadium just off center....10 rows up! We sat with the Hair family, I coached all three girls and one of their sons at LPHS, so it was fun to see them. Oh my gosh, I was going nuts. I took 106 pictures...don't worry, only 23 are in the slide show here...more pics=great scrapbook page collages!! USA won 2-1. It was so much fun...and kinda nice to be an observer and not have to worry about coaching! It was a very much needed break for USU's coaching staff. Our assistant coach, Josh, and his wife also went down to the game and had a blast! Sometimes, leaving the Logan bubble is a good thing...just an update on the team. We play Wyoming tomorrow, then we are on the road for the next three weekends, Texas, Seattle and SLC/Provo. On Thursday, September 24, we play at Rio Tinto stadium...where this World Cup Qualifier was held!! Life is still good in Aggie country!

2 comments:

Emily Nice said...

Hi Marla,
Glad to have found your blog! Sounds like you are keeping busy and having fun doing what you love. Way to be you!

Elizabeth said...

Awesome!!!