This past weekend, the team played UTSA on Friday and Houston Baptist on Sunday. I've always heard about humidity in the south...but this was unreal. 85 degrees with 94% humidity....I walked outside and felt like I had taken a shower. It was crazy. We left Thursday at 5am...I didn't get much sleep the night before, so I was so tired, but got some good sleep on the bus and plane. We arrived in San Antonio and it had been raining there for days. We couldn't get on the field to practice because the field was too soggy, so we went down to the Riverwalk. It was so much fun! I had a blast, and the girls did too. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get a t-shirt from there. :( I got to see the Alamo, which is a lot smaller than I imagined. We also went on a boatride along the riverwalk which was really fun, then we went to dinner at a really nice italian place on the river....if there's one thing I LOVE about Aggie soccer aside from the soccer, its the fact that we eat very well! I'm gaining weight which is a good thing!
Friday....GAME DAY! We had a short practice in the morning, sent the girls back to the hotel for study hall and the coaches went to Target...seriously, they don't have one in Logan, and if that means going to a Target when we are halfway across the country, then so be it! :) Friday, we played UTSA and lost 1-0...it was pretty disappointing, a game we could've easily won...so frustrating! Saturday, we drove down to Houston. We stopped at this place called Joel's BBQ...it was in the middle of nowhere but a really good "hole-in-the-wall." Being in Houston, I felt like I was in L.A., it was kinda nice in a way, but I also really like the small town atmosphere of Logan. When we arrived in Houston, we drove straight to the field for practice, then checked into the hotel, then we went to eat at this place called "Papacitas"..I have no idea if I spelled that right. It was so good, and so much fun! We celebrated one of our players' "birthday" and she was so shocked. The video is hilarious, go on to the Aggie Soccer blog to see it! On Sunday morning, about 12 of us went to church near the hotel, then we had our game against Houston Baptist...we earned the program's 100th win...which is really exciting! I'm having a blast...I really am. I am learning so much about soccer, coaching, myself, etc. I am loving coaching at this level and I am so blessed to be working with such a fantastic coaching staff. Heather and Josh are awesome and I just can't say enough about the experience they are giving me here at Utah State.
<



1 comment:
Sounds awesome Marla!! You were SO close to me...well, comparatively. :)
Post a Comment