The link to this story entitled, "In the Face of Hatred," is written by an LDS police officer whose jurisdiction area includes the Los Angeles temple. The events that have been occurring because of Prop. 8 has given me several mixed emotions, as I am sure people on both sides have had. It saddens me that our society has come to this kind of extreme where one small group, who was outnumbered in votes by other religions and ethnic groups, is taking the brunt of the anger of the losing side for the majority of the people speaking out on an issue. The LDS Church peacefully supported their religious beliefs, as other religious and ethnic groups have done on this issue...California has voted on Proposition 8...the people have spoken. What I love about this article is it shows no disrespect or condescension towards others, it simply tells a story from a person on the front lines, who also reminds both sides how we should responding to each other in times like these.
P.S. Click on the article title to read the story.
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing it. I'm going to go read it right now.
I dont have mixed emotions whatsoever. My emotions are pretty one-sided. I feel very content in the fact that I am a son of God and I was created in his own image. I am content knowing that I am on the right side of things. I am content knowing that When we face these times ahead, We will endure to the end. I am content that I have loved my fellow man and my brother and sisters on this earth equally. I am content that as our society becomes more and more clouded with their beliefs and deceived by the advesary, We will know the truth. I am content with the fact that my children are being taught correct principles and that they will stand firm as I have on these issues. Let them protest, let them say what they will about us. It is inevitable that the mobs will come again and again just like they did in Joseph's day. Bring it on!
Wow, very interesting read! Thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment