Saturday, May 24, 2008

LAGOON!!

O.k. I went on this thing called the Sky Coaster! I went with one of my students and his girlfriend. The person we thought was going to video tape us wasn't able to, but my student had someone video us on his phone, so hopefully I can get that and post it so you can get the real effect!!! For now, here are some pics! But first, let me tell you about this...I am afraid of heights! This is true...I was very excited because I had wanted to do this since I was in high school, but I told my student when he asked me if I wanted to do it with them that I might pee my pants because I'd get so scared!!! So I made sure I went to the bathroom beforehand! What happens is this...
You are put into these cool little flight suits...






Then you are taken out to the platform where the fliers are secured together to a very strong steel cord. One person is designated to pull the cord when you get to the very top...um...I was the one designated to pull the cord!!!! From the platform you are raised up 300ft!!! As you get down to the third picture, see the little dot? That's us WAY up there!







So when you are taken to the top, you hear someone say, "Fliers, 3-2-1 Fly!" And I pulled the cord and we dropped going anywhere 60-80mph!!!! As soon as we started falling head first to what seemed to be my death, I had a death grip on my students' arm, and his girlfriend on the other side had a death grip on his other arm and we were screaming so dang loud!!!!! But it was so stinking fun!!! I'm not going to tell you what I said at the top....but I will never live it down...my students will all catch wind of it my school on Tuesday!







After going on the Skycoaster, I went on the new ride Wicked...twice...this was right after lunch. I was feeling all "ride" out. But then three of my former students asked me to go on a couple rides with them, so we went on the old wood rollercoaster, then we took the skylift across the park! Most of the day I spent going on rides with the other teachers who chaperoned the day. It was so much fun and a much needed break!!!


8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

CRAZY girl!!! I love thrills, but I drew the line on that one...they had that at Six Flags Over Georgia, and my word I just couldn't do it...and I had coupons for it, so everyone else that I went with went on it. That's so cool that you did it!!!

Misty said...

How fun...you are such a COOL teacher....You can tell you really love teaching....Hope to see you in AUG...

linzy said...

How FUN!! I would have loved you to be my teacher!!

Tricia said...

Marla, You make me laugh so hard. I'm sure what you said at the top of the skycoaster is understandable, but just think how much closer to heaven you were up there than had you said it on the ground. ;) j/k...miss you lots!
Tricia

Amber said...

Love the pictures. It was so fun to get to "chat" with you last week (I think it was last week anyway). Let me know if/when you're in town. Hopefully we can get together sometime this summer. Even if it's just for a quick visit. I would love to see you.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun. You seem like a very fun person to be around. I found your blog from Elizabeth's. Your contact info wasn't on the blog so shoot me an email if you would like to catch up. jvv@deainc.com
My wife also has a blog for our family http://vanvleetstreet.blogspot.com/
Anyway, I hope to hear from you.

Your cousin Josh

Tracy Giles said...

You are so much fun!!! I love your new blog template, very cool!

Big Tom the Great and Magnificent said...

Whats up Marla? hows the fam? Still "kickin it" i see. i remember watching you play goalie when you were younger. talk to ya later cuz