"Throughout my educational experience, I've never had a teacher who fully taught me in a comfortable environment until my junior year of high school. The knowledge, delivery, organization and tools Miss Nelson used in her classroom truly gave me a positive experience. Her dynamic teaching has influenced me in pursuing a higher education and set a positive example in everything I do. Miss Nelson has taught me that no matter what I am doing or who I am with, the example I set, whether good or bad, never is unnoticed. Thank you Miss Nelson. Your example also has not gone unnoticed."
Risk more than others think is safe, care more than others think is wise, dream more than others think is practical, expect more than others think is possible.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Teacher Appreciation
Teachers don't receive much recognition, nor do we expect it. Though when we are recognized, it is always very rejuvenating and reminds us of why we do what we do. Last night, I attended a dinner where graduating seniors and a teacher who influenced each of their lives were recognized. A student I had last year chose me as a teacher who influenced his life. He wasn't one of those students I was really close to. He was a great kid who simply came to class, was respectful, participated and did what was asked. I went to the dinner not knowing who had selected me, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw who it was. Below the picture is a copy of the paragraph he wrote about why he chose me. This paragraph was typed up, and he read it and presented to me last night.

"Throughout my educational experience, I've never had a teacher who fully taught me in a comfortable environment until my junior year of high school. The knowledge, delivery, organization and tools Miss Nelson used in her classroom truly gave me a positive experience. Her dynamic teaching has influenced me in pursuing a higher education and set a positive example in everything I do. Miss Nelson has taught me that no matter what I am doing or who I am with, the example I set, whether good or bad, never is unnoticed. Thank you Miss Nelson. Your example also has not gone unnoticed."
"Throughout my educational experience, I've never had a teacher who fully taught me in a comfortable environment until my junior year of high school. The knowledge, delivery, organization and tools Miss Nelson used in her classroom truly gave me a positive experience. Her dynamic teaching has influenced me in pursuing a higher education and set a positive example in everything I do. Miss Nelson has taught me that no matter what I am doing or who I am with, the example I set, whether good or bad, never is unnoticed. Thank you Miss Nelson. Your example also has not gone unnoticed."
2 comments:
That's really sweet Marla...from what I hear, you are one of the greatest!! :) I'm glad he let you know publicly.
how awesome you are!!
Post a Comment