What I Learned on the Taxi Ride from JFK Airport to Our Hotel in Times Square:
1. when riding in a taxi, its best not to look out the front window (unless you want to fear for your life!)
2. when driving in New York, use your horn...two short honks=there is space for you to move over, one long honk = what are you doing you big jerk?!
3. P.S. on horn usage: A sign on one road reads, "no horn blowing unless there is extreme danger!"
4. I could never live here because...NO ONE USES THEIR SIGNAL!
5. traffic is worse than L.A., which was confirmed with the sign that said, "New York City Gridlock, use mass transit"
6. tailgating, cutting people off and getting stuck in the middle of an intersection is completely acceptable.
7. its faster to walk 10 blocks than to try and take a cab in rush hour traffic!
8. there is no need to own a car in New York...use the transit system...or trust a cab driver (if you want to fear for your life!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My mom and I arrived an hour early today because of the 150mph tailwind going east! We took a cab to Manhattan (which took almost 2 hours and a few close accidents), checked in, unpacked our stuff and went to dinner at a steak and pasta place just a few blocks away. I decided that whether it is 25 degrees or 5 degrees....it is just cold! We are staying on the 41st floor and we have a view of where the ball drops on New Years....too bad its not New Years! We have a fun itinerary planned...tomorrow we are hitting the Empire State Building, lunch at Wolfgang's Steakhouse, and the Rocket City Rockettes! The coolest thing about this place is all of the Christmas decorations! Some of the stores are completely decked out in Christmas decor (don't worry, I will post pics!). We reserved a night for us to go out and look at all the lights and decorations! Its kinda cool....I haven't really been all that into Christmas for a couple years, so this is really helping me get into the Christmas spirit!!! Stay tuned!
1 comment:
SOOOOOOO jealous!!! Can't wait to see pictures!
GO to Serendipity...seriously...get a frozen hot chocolate...you will love it, I promise...
Post a Comment