We had a great day today! We started out the morning by walking to get our hop on/hop off bus passes...being from L.A., you would think that my mom would know not to talk to just anyone. Nope, I have to watch her closer than I had to watch the students from Utah I chaperoned in Hollywood for a day! The first guy who approached her about buying the bus tickets (on the street) she bought tickets from and of course, she got played big time. The guy told us he was giving us passes that would last through Monday....nope, they were 48 hour passes. Luckily, at lunch with my brother's ex-wife, Moira, who has spent most of her life in New York, she told my mom that she can't talk to just anyone (oh hey! the same lecture I gave my mom!). Hopefully it will help because she won't always listen to me. Anyway, we went to the Empire State Building. It was actually really cool. We went up to the 86th floor, then to the 102nd floor!!! It was 16 degrees on street level when we got there, so I have no idea how cold it was up on the 86th floor...I could barely smile because my cheeks were so cold! After the Empire State Building, we went to lunch with Moira at Wolfgang's Steakhouse....YUMMY! The meat was so tender it literally melted in your mouth! Then we had dessert which is way good too! Moira had to go back to work, so my mom and I decided to go to Macys to see their Christmas decorations. They were so cool! I've never seen anything like it...but the place was a madhouse! The decorations were a must see! Then we caught the hop on/hop off bus back to teh hotel....well, it took 2 hours. I sat in the open air part because I wanted to take pictures. It was 20 degrees....a little chilly, but not bad unless the wind was blowing. Mom sat back there with me til she started falling asleep and went into the covered part...she actually got a nap during the bus tour! Ha ha ha....naps are always good! Tonight we went to see the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. It was so good and they ended it with a live nativity, which was awesome to be reminded why we celebrate this time of year. Tomorrow we are going to the Cloisters, which is an extension of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, then dinner in Greenwich Village. We've met quite a few people on this trip. We met a couple from England, I sat on the back of the open air bus with a guy also from England, and we also met four ladies from Cincinnati! Its a very diverse place and people are excited for the holidays!
Risk more than others think is safe, care more than others think is wise, dream more than others think is practical, expect more than others think is possible.
Friday, December 11, 2009
A Good Day in NYC
We had a great day today! We started out the morning by walking to get our hop on/hop off bus passes...being from L.A., you would think that my mom would know not to talk to just anyone. Nope, I have to watch her closer than I had to watch the students from Utah I chaperoned in Hollywood for a day! The first guy who approached her about buying the bus tickets (on the street) she bought tickets from and of course, she got played big time. The guy told us he was giving us passes that would last through Monday....nope, they were 48 hour passes. Luckily, at lunch with my brother's ex-wife, Moira, who has spent most of her life in New York, she told my mom that she can't talk to just anyone (oh hey! the same lecture I gave my mom!). Hopefully it will help because she won't always listen to me. Anyway, we went to the Empire State Building. It was actually really cool. We went up to the 86th floor, then to the 102nd floor!!! It was 16 degrees on street level when we got there, so I have no idea how cold it was up on the 86th floor...I could barely smile because my cheeks were so cold! After the Empire State Building, we went to lunch with Moira at Wolfgang's Steakhouse....YUMMY! The meat was so tender it literally melted in your mouth! Then we had dessert which is way good too! Moira had to go back to work, so my mom and I decided to go to Macys to see their Christmas decorations. They were so cool! I've never seen anything like it...but the place was a madhouse! The decorations were a must see! Then we caught the hop on/hop off bus back to teh hotel....well, it took 2 hours. I sat in the open air part because I wanted to take pictures. It was 20 degrees....a little chilly, but not bad unless the wind was blowing. Mom sat back there with me til she started falling asleep and went into the covered part...she actually got a nap during the bus tour! Ha ha ha....naps are always good! Tonight we went to see the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. It was so good and they ended it with a live nativity, which was awesome to be reminded why we celebrate this time of year. Tomorrow we are going to the Cloisters, which is an extension of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, then dinner in Greenwich Village. We've met quite a few people on this trip. We met a couple from England, I sat on the back of the open air bus with a guy also from England, and we also met four ladies from Cincinnati! Its a very diverse place and people are excited for the holidays!



1 comment:
What great memories with your mom!!
Post a Comment