
This post is especially for my mommy. Most of you know that I had my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday....and look at me 24 hours later! I'm just a happy little camper icing my cheeks that have yet to swell, eating my smoothie, ice cream, jello and pudding, drinking my fluids, and working on my blog book (through blurb.com...check it out if you haven't!), indexing records to help people with their geneology, and at some point today....homework...yuk! Best news of all, I have little, if any, pain at all....I am actually pretty comfortable. Though the bottom two teeth were partially impacted, so the doctor did have to cut the gums...so I am feeling a tiny bit tender there today.


Mommy, you and daddy always taught us to be prepared. All week before my surgery, I drank tons of fluids to hydrate my body before going under anethesia (and I could hear your voice in my head, "drink your fluids!")....and I think that has paid off. Since I told you that you didn't have to come up, and I knew there would be people readily available to help me if needed, I also made things as accessible as possible not knowing what kind of shape I would be in. I went to the store and stocked up on pudding, jello gelatin, popsicles, ICE CREAM, and 8 bags of frozen peas! I froze some blue ice, set up a cooler next to my bed with some gatorade, water, and soft foods. As you can see in the picture, on my nightstand I have reading materials, movies, gauze, and my personal favorite...my High School Musical water bottle! In the red cups...one is for extra water, one has pens, lip balm, hand lotion and hand sanitizer. This is just a result of you and Dad always teaching us both by word and example to be prepared! Heather has stopped by to make sure I am doing o.k., and last night she bought me dinner....a smoothie from JAMBA JUICE! SO GOOD! Know that I am doing alright, feeling good, and taking it easy...til tomorrow when I go help with ODP tryouts! EEK! But I will only be evaluating players, no coaching at all, so it will be fine. Even though you are not here, know that your influence is very much alive! Thank you!
3 comments:
Looking good!! :)
Uh... actually we didn't know. Thank goodness we read your blog! Hope you're feeling better! We'll talk to you soon.
Hope your feeling better...Man, no swelling...lucky you.
Post a Comment