Thursday: Almost bought two tickets to the MLS Cup and was ready to drive to Seattle...decided I couldn't afford it and accepted the fact that I wouldn't be going.
Friday, 1:30pm--Conversation with my mom online:
Marla: Mom! I am going to the MLS Cup!
Mom: That's great sweety, where is it? who are you going with?
Marla: It's in Seattle....and I don't know the people I am going with! Three guys and another girl!
Mom: What? I don't know how I feel about my daughter driving all that way with three guys she doesn't know!
Yes, it is true. I drove to Seattle with three guys (one who I knew only because he announced our soccer games at USU) and another girl. Reid, our soccer announcer, texted me and told me that he and his friend had two extra tickets and room in their van. I flaked out on ODP and was Seattle bound! We left Saturday morning from Logan and drove to Seattle, stayed at the girl's parent's house, and watched RSL take the cup in shootouts!!!!!!! It was the best spontaneous road trip I have ever taken! We decorated the van, had face tatoos, a flag, our jerseys, and we got to make signs before the game...which is when I realized that I am now a horrible speller! I am so glad I went and with a free place to stay and gas split between 5 people, it was a very inexpensive trip to Seattle! Congrats to RSL: 2009 MLS Cup Champions!
Another perk to the trip is that I got to see my Aunt Lynn, Uncle Richard and my cousin Sheena! We went to church Sunday morning, then Aunt Lynn made pancakes, sausage, bacon and homemade syrup! YUMMY!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment