Texas.....it was a blast. I was exhausted and tired....but I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I love coaching and everyone told me that I would be so tired of camps by the time these six weeks were done, but I wasn't. I love being on the soccer field, I love helping kids learn new things to become better...I met some great people while I was there and had the opportunity to work with some wonderful coaches. I am so appreciative to the Texas Soccer staff who took a chance on me and as the 6 weeks went on, I was able to create a rapport with them...I was really impressed with how down to earth they all are, and you can tell that they love their jobs and do them well. I got some valuable feedback while I was there, and I feel like I grew in confidence as a coach, and I grew in confidence in coaching topics that I am not always asked to coach because my expertise is in goalkeeping. I remember in January that I was told that I am a very good coach but I need more practice coaching a variety of topics...and I feel like these camps and this time in Texas helped me in that sense. I am blessed to have this opportunity and was very much taken care of while I was there.
I was able to see two of my best friends, Sam Minty and Kassandra Schoaff-Eickstead. I appreciated even more their friendship, their support, and just how comfortable I am when I am around them. They are two people who have accepted me for all of my quirks and they are two people who have always believed in me.
While in Texas, I had another weekend off where I had the chance to come home for a family reunion and see my entire family! We took some family pictures, played on the beach...it was a lot of fun!
Now I'm back, getting back into the swing of things, excited to start another season of USU Soccer! Girls check in on August 2. Last week I worked camp at the UofU, and this coming week, USU has our camps. Our numbers have tripled since last year, and I am so excited for that. I am running camps this year at USU, and I have spent so much time over the last three months advertising, responding to phone calls and emails, and just getting things ready. My hard work is paying off...I wasn't so sure what the end result would be three months ago, but I am excited to see the growth in our camps and the support we are getting from our community!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment