I am currently in the middle of my 3rd week of camp. I am actually really enjoying it and we aren't out on the fields ALL day. The way the schedule works, we get a little bit of a break each day. This week I am working the day camps and I am training the two groups of 13-17 year olds, and then I train the goalkeepers the last 45 minutes of the day. I have a 2.5 hour break inbetween the morning and afternoon session, which is enough time to rejuvenate, etc. Everyday, we have gotten new t-shirts to wear at camp...so technically I have enough shirts to last me for two weeks! Pretty sweet deal, for sure. It's also been good for me to be gaining experience coaching different topics each day and then being able to practice them or try new things each week.
This past weekend, I drove up to Dallas to see Kass and her husband, David. Kass and I met playing college soccer together and have been friends ever since. We had a blast. Kass and I went to the Stockyards in Ft. Worth and walked around, and even got to sit on a Longhorn steer! That was pretty cool. We also saw the movie Green Lantern and definitely had some downtime where we rented movies and just hung out. It was so good to see her and David. They have been such good friends over the years. I also had the opportunity to visit with my friends, David and Marie Hinckley, and their children. They just bought and moved into their first house this past Saturday! I went to church with them on Sunday then visited with them for a little bit after church. So good to see them. David was my home teacher when I lived in Provo and became a very good friend during that time. :)
This trip has definitely been a blessing in many ways...and I feel myself growing in ways I never expected to. Three and a half more weeks to go
1 comment:
What a fun trip! I just wanted to pop in and say Hi. I miss you and I hope all is well :)
Post a Comment