Risk more than others think is safe, care more than others think is wise, dream more than others think is practical, expect more than others think is possible.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Recruiting...
Holy Moly....a college coach can get as many as 10-20 emails a day from kids who want to play college soccer. Then there's a huge tournament like the one in Las Vegas this past weekend where college coaches from around the country spend a solid two-three days on a soccer field watching back to back games. This weekend, Heather took me recruiting with her in Vegas. The games started at 8am and the last game started at 7:40pm. There were time slots where I had 4-5 games to watch! We literally were on the field from 7:30am-9pm. What was cool about it all is that there are teams from all over the country, and even a few from Canada, there to play against in each other in a tournament where there is no champion, just a chance for teams to show their stuff and be indentified by college coaches. I was amazed by what goes on within the realms of recruiting. I enjoyed watching the games, evaluating players, meeting coaches from colleges around the country...and Heather even took me to In-n-Out, trader joes and the Cupcake Eatery! YUMMY!!!! I sorta want to go on more recruiting trips, but that won't happen until state cup here in Utah in May. :( It was a great experience and I enjoyed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment