
The older I get,
the more I see
the power of that young woman,
my mother.
~ Sharon Olds
Today is a day to celebrate...why, you ask? Why, because it's my mother's birthday!
I celebrate my mother's laughter for that is something she is always doing.
I celebrate my mother's strength for it's strength that's kept her going.
I celebrate her kindness, she loves to give to others.
Her cooking, step aside Martha Stewart, her dinners are like no other!
Were you ever at my soccer game when my mother was not there?
Take a look at her house during the holidays, she decorates with great care.
I celebrate my mother's love for life, for people and for socializing.
It takes me an hour to get home from church so she can finish talking!
Don't get me wrong, the reason for talking is not what you might think, she is checking up on friends and neighbors to offer a helping hand to those in need.
I celebrate my mother's support, her encouragement to reach the stars.
For all of us kids know that without her, we would have never made it this far.
My mother loves her the Gospel, her Heavenly Father and her Savior;
"remember that He's watching out for you" are words from her I will always favor.
I can't forget the man who helped my mother become who she is today...
my dad still loves her more and more, and we know he checks on her from Heaven everyday.
Happy birthday Mom! I love you!


2 comments:
That actually made me cry. I kid you not. Probably because I love my Mom the same way you do yours. She is blessed to have a daughter like you. Give her a hug from me today and one from her friend Julie who always asks about her and keeps up with her via FB and me. You are gifted with words Marla. Thank you so much for sharing.
Love,
Sara Ostler/Julie Potter & family
So touching... makes me miss my mom even more!!
Post a Comment