Sunday, February 14, 2010

Friendship and Prayers

I was looking through an old notebook today and I found some thoughts I had written down in September 2008.  These thoughts pretty much sheds some light on my mindset at that time…not so good.  I listed things I was struggling with, I set some goals,  asked questions about where I was and in which direction I was moving, etc.  One of the things I was really struggling with at the time my lack of social interactions…aka friends.    My idea of “Friends” was people my age, who were single, who I could hang out with, talk to, etc.  I definitely had my definition of friendship, or what it entailed, yet, there were several people whom I was acquaintances with who really didn’t seem to have the same view as I did which made it a little more frustrating and made me wonder if maybe my definition was a little off.  Heavenly Father had a different idea of what I would need in order to meet my needs and what would parallel my views of friendship.   As I look back, I remember friends who are parents of kids I coached and taught and teachers I worked with whom I only saw and talked to at school.   Only one or two my age and single…most had families of their own, busy schedules, kids and spouses to care for, yet all made time for little ol’ me.  How grateful I am for those handful of people who took the time to be my friend.  Now, in Logan, it is the same.  I was hoping to come here, meet people my age, have a group to hang out with….but that is not the case.  I work with two people who are not only my colleagues, but my friends, and I have become part of a family in Smithfield who have taken me in with a couple different roles….coach, sister, friend, and my personal favorite part of the deal….DOGSITTER!!!!!  J   How blessed I am to have these people in my life.  Heavenly Father is very aware.  

No comments: