Last night after dinner with our assistant coach's wife, Amy, I was planning on going to the basketball game, but never really made it there. Instead I went to study at the Erickson's (a family I met through soccer) where I wouldn't have internet readily available and Facebook would be out of reach! The dad, Kasey, and the oldest son, Kyler were at the USU basketball game and apparently it was packed. I texted Kasey to ask him if he would take a video of the USU students doing the Scotsman (if you haven't seen the Scotsman, get up here to the Spectrum at Utah State!). I told him that I was going to hang out with his wife, who was grading papers and working on her primary lesson, so I could get some studying done. Here is how the remainder of our texting conversation went:
Kasey--you will get to experience boring married life on a Saturday night!
Marla--I experience a married life on a Saturday night every Saturday and I am single!
Kasey--at least you didn't have to come up with $20 to get your husband out of the house!
Kyli (Kasey's wife) and I had a good laugh over that little tidbit when I got over there! So after finishing reading one of my 30 page articles due this week, Kasen, the 6 year old, asks me if I will play Super Mario Bros with him on the Nintendo. Now, this wasn't on the wii, this was on the Nintendo that most of us had as kids...and it wasn't Super Mario Bros, it was Super Mario Bros. 3!!!! So Kasen was telling me how to play, which I already knew but listened patiently, and I said, "kasen I played this when I was little." Kasen said, "even my mom had this when she was little. This game is SO OLD!" Ah.... (sigh)...the honesty and innocence of young children!
It turned out to be a very productive, yet, entertaining evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment