Yep, that old cliche phrase we hear all to often...yet, its so true. I hit a wall last week...an emotional wall. Anyone who knows me well also knows that I am not one to show a lot of emotion...I talk a lot, but I don't show it. Anyway, I saw my mom online on Wednesday and asked her if I could come home. I flew home Saturday night and immediately felt a difference. It was so nice to be there...and my mom actually cooked for me this time...that hasn't happened since my dad passed away! She is doing much better...coming back to her old self. She asked our long time friend and housesitter, Lisa, to move in with her, which will be such a relief to all of us. Someone will be there with her at the end of the day. I took the two days I was home to do a lot of pondering, re-evaluating, praying, etc. It helped a little....enough to point me in the right direction again. The best part about coming home was my little nephew, Kaleb. Everytime he saw me, he would point to me, run over to me with his hands up in the air, then I'd pick him up and he'd wrap his arms around my neck and I'd just hug the living crap out of the kid! He made me so happy! I am so blessed to be able to go home as often as I do and to have that kind of relationship with my family.
I am trying to decide whether or not to go to Israel again in November. I really want to go, but is it really worth the debt??? Part of me thinks the whole experience might be??!!
I also got my hair cut while I was home....a few inches, the stylist, a good friend of ours, and a girl who babysat me when I was in diapers, Leslie Birnkrant, styled it so stinking cute....but I don't think I have the time or the patience or the knowledge/skill to do it like this again!!!
My trip ended with the earthquake...yep, in the airport just before I boarded the plane....what a thrill!!!!
2 comments:
Your post about home warmed my heart. I'm so glad you & your mom are so good for each other. "Safe, soft place to fall" and all that. I hope I'll be that for my grown-up kids too. :)
AND - cute hair, baby! You super fox, you!
AND - an earthquake! I kinda miss them, in a way. How weird am I.
Love ya!
Marla! I am so glad that you got to go home and have that time to ponder...I totally agree with you and there is nothing like getting a new jumpstart on life! LOVE the new haircut, and I can't believe that school starts soon and I won't be at Lone Peak this year...But know that if you need anything I am only a call/text away :)
Post a Comment