Saturday, June 28, 2008

River Rafting!

I returned from Jackson, Wyoming this afternoon. I went camping and river rafting with the Brighton 9th YSA ward! It was so fun! I knew two or three people going, so it was kind of out of my comfort zone, but everyone was awesome and helped me to feel so welcome! I slept in a tent with six other girls...there were 31 people total. I made several new friends and I am excited to build those friendships. On the raft, I started out in the middle because I was afraid to paddle....I seriously thought I'd fall off the side. After the last large rapid (Lunch Counter), I switched places with someone and paddled the last mile or two. We rafted an 8 mile stretch of the Snake River! Since I am not paying almost $30 for a river rafting picture, the link to the website that has all eight of the pictures taken of the boat I was on is below. It was taken at Lunch Counter, where we went through about 5 "waves." The river was really high and pretty rough, it was a blast. There might be more pictures coming....one of the girls brought a camera on the boat and will be emailing us some as soon as the pictures are developed. If you have not gone river rafting, you need to go!!!!

River Rafting Photos

Pictures below:

The Grand Tetons--we camped in the Grand Teton National Forest just outside of Jackson, WY.


Our boat!!!


Standing at by Lunch Counter--the next day!


Close up of Lunch Counter



Valley outside of Jackson--you just can't beat scenery like this!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

FUN!!! Wow, those pictures are so beautiful, glad you had such a good time!