Friday, February 29, 2008

Update on my mom

I am writing this post as I sit in my mom's room at the hospital. She has this nifty computer that has internet and music and TV. She is sleeping right now. She told me a little bit about her surgery when I arrived this morning. Not only were there cysts around her nerve, but also around her spine. When they cut out the cysts, the 4th vertabrae slid out of place, so the surgeon put in two rods to hold the 3rd, 4th and 5th vertabrae in place. She looks pretty good considering the circumstances. When her doctor came in this morning, he said, "boy were you a mess!" And then proceeded to tell her all they had to do. She has a long way yo go. 5 months of no lifting or bending. She will start physical therapy later today. Her physical therapist's name is Raul. He's a big guy! I'd be scared if he were my phyiscal therapist!!

2 comments:

Diane said...

I sure hope your mom recovers quickly. I'm sure she's happy to have her daughter with her right now. It's crazy how fast things can happen. Luckily, things have come a long way, as far as back surgeries go, and I'm sure she'll be just fine. Good luck! Give her our best!

Misty said...

Wish your mom the best..Which hospital is she at? You'll be in our prayers....Love ya