So there's a student I work with who can say some words, but they are very long and drawn out...you learn a lot of patience waiting to hear what he is trying to say, but with his deep voice, it is actually really cute. For example, if I ask him, "are you having fun cooking?" He looks at me, smiles and says, "yyyyyyyyeeeeeeessssssssssss"....I really wish I could record his voice but that might be illegal. He loves to do his work, he loves to cook, he loves schools...and he LOVES girls! My job is to bring him in from the bus, help him put his stuff in his locker and get him ready to "wwwwwwooorrrrrrrrrrrrk" as he would say. My favorite is cheese..."eeeeeeeeese." Yesterday, a pretty girl walked by us and he bee-lined it for her just so he could walk up to her, get right up face to face with her and smile at her. I pulled him back to his locker and here was our short but sweet conversation...
Marla: you like girls don't you?
Student: yyyeeeesssssss
Marla: Do you like the pretty girls?
Student: yyyeessssssssss
Marla: Am I a pretty girl?
Student (with no hesitation and a BIG smile: yyeeeessssssss
I'm really glad he chose to respond because I was running late yesterday morning and just threw on clothes, threw my hair up in a ponytail and walked out the door!! :) It made my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment