Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gone

On Tuesday, my privacy was violated and I felt as though my life had been taken out from under me. I went straight to my indoor soccer game from class. When I got there, as usual, I placed my backpack on the floor of the car, grabbed my soccer game, and proceeded inside. Just after the 2nd half began, someone came and got me...my car had been broken into. THe front passenger window smashed in, my duffle bag with two changes of clothes, and my backpack were taken never to be seen again. Inside the backpack was my laptop (which I honestly don't know when the last time I was backed it up and I just loaded new pictures on to it on Saturday), my wallet, my jump drive with everything on it for work, school, personal, teaching, etc. My written practice plans for both field sessions and goalkeeper trainings sessions from the past year, my school notes and textbook from the class I came from and our final was Thursday (thankfully, I got an extension). What makes me so butter is that for a year I have worked my tail off to compile notes, put together journals, start working on personal history through programs that could not be backed up to an external hard drive...only to have it all taken away because of someone's greed and selfishness. I will never see that stuff again...and what will be done wtih it? When the theifs realized what they was in that bag, did they have a beer and give each other high fives at the stash they acquired, knowing that the cops could care less about a car being broken into because it happens all too often? There is no punishment, there is nothing I can do to get any of that back. I am extremely bitter. It just doesn't seem fair...what's the point of even working for all that, when it is lost so quickly? Where else am I to store it so it is safe? It just doesn't make sense how people think that it's o.k. to steal from others to satisfy their own desires...with no respect or consideration...and then there is no repercussion for their actions. I am just sick with disgust at the things that were lost that I can not replace or duplicate. My inner-most thoughts and feelings and memories all gone.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Aw man! That is just awful! I feel your pain. It's a creepy feeling being violated like that. Have the cops been able to recover anything?

Taryn said...

NELS!!! that is terrible! i am so sorry! i hope life has turned around and you're doing much better! love ya!!