Risk more than others think is safe, care more than others think is wise, dream more than others think is practical, expect more than others think is possible.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Reflecting...
Not many people know that the last year has probably been one of the hardest of my life...I've been tried and tested a lot, much coming from the result of the choices of others and partly because of my choices as well; my integrity and moral character have been attacked and challenged. I've had the choice to take the higher road or to join right in and return the hits being tossed my way...it hasn't been easy, I've had to learn a few hard lessons, but overall, taking the higher road is the most rewarding road to take even when the rewards are not even noticeable. There have been times when I wondered how the heck I'd ever get through it all or if it would ever end. It just seemed like everytime I turned around something else was falling apart or more was being added to the situations. This past week, since I really haven't had a ton to do after soccer is over, I've had a lot of time to recognize that Heavenly Father is very aware of me. He has placed people in my life to help me through times such as these....my family and a few friends who have been with me every step of the way. A door has been opened for me that has gotten me out of the situations I was in down in Salt Lake, and this opportunity is also something that I have wanted to do for a very long time...I am living my dream this year! I'm grateful to know that I have a Heavenly Father who is aware of me, a family who supports me, friends who are willing to listen no matter how old the complaint or drama. I'm grateful to be working at USU and I am excited to finish my Master's degree. I am working with a great coaching staff...I think my experience at any other school would be very different. This week I've recognized several blessings in my life and just felt I needed to share. I'm still dealing with things and working through things, but know that as I trust in a loving Heavenly Father, and do what I can to be a better person, all the pieces will fall as they should.
No comments:
Post a Comment