Sunday, February 22, 2009

Surgery....

Yes, I had surgery on Friday. I had my gall bladder removed. I lost 15 lbs since July and finally went to the doctor. Right before I went to the doctor, I got really sick after eating something, I had really bad stomach and back pains. So my doctor sent me in for a CT scan. They found that my gall bladder walls had thickened. So I went in two days later for an ultrasound, which showed I had gall stones. My surgeon told me that my gall bladder is a ticking time bomb. I went to the surgeon last Wednesday and was able to schedule surgery for this past Friday...I have five futsal games to coach next weekend, so this weekend worked out better. :) Thank you to the Stephens family and my brother, Kevin, for caring for me. I am in Tremonton at the Stephens' home until Monday or Tuesday, then I will be at my place in Salt Lake for the rest of the week. My mom wasn't able to fly up here because she has a blood clot in her leg and is not allowed to sit for more than 30 minutes and can not fly, so the Stephens and my brother stepped into her place to help me. Also, thank you to all those who have offered their time and to adjust their schedules to help me however I need it. It's good to know I have such a supportive group of friends surrounding me!

Someone told me this surgery is easy...however, I beg to differ. Incisions on your tummy are very sore...I can't stand up straight, everytime I move I hurt...it's not as easy as others have claimed it to be...so I am taking my time in recovery. One good thing...I don't get sick when I eat anymore!!!! :) That's a plus!

9 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

Wow Marla, I am so sorry that you had to have surgery! It sounds like it went well though. I know I live really far away, but let me know if I can do anything for you! We love you!

Donya said...

Sending lots of happy thoughts for your quick recovery! Love you cuz!

Donya said...

Sending lots of happy thoughts for your quick recovery! Love you cuz!

Elizabeth said...

I had NO idea! Bless your heart, I am totally giving you a call tomorrow! I hope you are mending beautifully...

Kathryn said...

OH NO!! I hope you're feeling better VERY VERY soon! Take care, sweetie.

Amber said...

Ah man girl! I'm so sorry to hear you had to have surgery. That's no fun! I am glad to hear everything went well though. Good luck with recovery! Glad you have had lots of good help and support. I'll be thinking of you.

DiaNe said...

way to find the silver lining. I am so sorry you are gone, we miss you and hope you recover quickly.

Tara said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go through that! My husband's whole family (almost) ends up having problems with their gall bladder and has gotten them removed. It's just the thing to do in their fam, I guess. But yes, it's miserable (I don't know first hand) I hear. It's probably killing you to have to stay down since you are always so active! Oh, Meredith (remember my sister) just got engaged. Talk to you later!

Glenna & Kevin said...

I can totally sympathize with you, I had to have mine removed in an emergency surgery. But let me tell you, the scars kind of go away. I am glad that you have family around that can take good care of you. Enjoy it while you can.