Sunday, January 4, 2009

Boys and....????

Remember my post about boys and loofas? Well, my friend, who I had the debate with, enjoyed so much the responses, because I was proven wrong, that he is now trying to tell me that guys scrapbook....I DON'T THINK SO!!! I find that hard to believe!! So here we go again...do guys scrapbook? Please...share your thoughts!

8 comments:

Amber said...

Ok. That's a bit extreme. I don't know a single guy who scrapbooks. Definitely not the same as using a loofa. HA

Tracy Giles said...

Sorry to say it, but Tag scrapbooks! He made a scrapbook of his days as a Marine. I must say he did a great job and it's a pretty manly book. Our home teacher (obviously a guy) works for a scrapbooking company and he told us that there are guys that scrapbook. It is not the same kind of scrapbooking that girls do with accents and all the decorative stuff, but nonetheless it's still scrapbooking. I could show you Tag's book sometime. It's pretty cool.

Kathryn said...

The new editor of Creating Keepsakes is a guy, isn't it?

Of course, I don't KNOW one who does. It's probably an "in the closet" thing...

...like loofas.

Grant and Stacy said...

My dad made a book of all of my brother's articles and pictures when he played baseball for BYU. Plus, Grant was the one that started the blog (hence the address "baseballgrant.blogspot.com" But neither of them did the real cut up construction paper, die cuts, or whatevers with scrapbooking. Heck, I don't even do that! Which you probably figured from my lack of scrapbook lingo knowledge! ;-)

Janel said...

Mark does not scrapbook, in fact he calls it "Crapbooking" LOL BUT however he is quite artistic and loves pictures and I am 100% sure that if turned him loose with some paper and a few tools he might get the bug. Either way, he'd be great at it. It always bugs me a little when I see a man milling around the scrapbook store or taking a class. Its wierd. I guess thats kind of sexist, huh? :D

Glenna & Kevin said...

As a matter of fact, I know guys that quilt. It is nice to see a guy getting in touch with his feminine side every know and then!

Elizabeth said...

Wow Marla, you are onto something here...I would have never thought...besides the few males that work in the artistic department for magazines, I would have never thought of a man scrapbooking...

Anonymous said...

Marla. I have a scrapbook of your daddy's from when he was young. He kept newspaper articles about when he played basketball in high school and when he was featured in the newspaper for building his own ham radio set. He also kept a 'scrapbook' of all the Nelson family newsletters he used to compile each month and send to you kids. Not scrapbooking like you and I do, but definitely a scrapbook of pictures. In fact he helped me create our first scrapbooks when we were dating. I think his scrapbooking turned into those long hour projects he and his Awesome/4some group at N/G used to create for presentations, only they were done on computers...scrapbooking as we girls know it, has come a long way, baby! love, mom