Monday, December 15, 2008

Boys and Loofas?????


So I was at my friend's house yesterday and noticed in his shower two loofas...one is his and one is his roommate's. I have three brothers and they have never used loofas...I thought only girls used those! So we had this big debate about it and I just couldn't believe that guys would actually use something like a loofa...it just seems so girly!!! Then I texted all my guy friends (including cousins) and the results were....of the 15 guys I texted, two use loofas. Two said they don't use a loofa (but one would if it fit his personality) and the rest have no clue what a loofa is (the best response--is it something I eat? or does it keep me warm?)! So am I just out of the loop? Why do guys use loofas?? Is that normal???

8 comments:

Grant and Stacy said...

There is ONE loofa hanging in our shower, and it's Grant's, not mine! Go figure!

DiaNe said...

the word "loofa" is beginning to look funny. Could a student write a persuasive research paper on loofas and whether or not they are gender specific?

I'll ask Randall.

Big Tom the Great and Magnificent said...

Ok Marla...here is the answer from a real mans man. I absolutely love the loofa. It holds a decent amount of soap inside and creates a very good suds base, which I really like. I like the versatility of a loofa as far as its ability to get deep into places that other things may be ill equipped. I like the way they are like pumice when you rub them hard on your body. It really leaves you a fresh clean feeling. Although they are quite girly and frilly, I use them whenever my wife leaves one in my shower, but I do not buy my own. So I give the loofa a 2 enthusiastic thumbs up. I am man enough to admit it. Maybe If I could find a blue and white one with the Kansas City Royals logo on it, I would proudly hang one in my shower, but for now, I will only use it when it is conveniently left on accident in my shower. If I were single or had roommates, I would feel somewhat ashamed that a girl saw that in my shower though..not gonna lie.

Scott and Melanie said...

I don't know much about loofas and men, but I am looking for your address. Will you email it to me?
Thanks!

Janel said...

Mark totally uses a loofah! He takes baths too. And for all the reasons Tom mentioned above. However, I used to get the nice loofahs from Bath and body, but his manly body hair carpet tends to shred the loofahs at an alarming rate, so due to costs, he gets the cheapo. He bought himself the Axe loofah that is supposed to have the rough side and the smooshy side, but it did not meet expectations and has been cast to the corner of the shower. Only the big frilly fluffy loofah will do for my man!! LOL

Tracy Giles said...

Tag has a loofa and I don't. I wish I did, but he doesn't share :( I guess I have to go get my own!

Amber said...

I buy them for both me and Paul. We call them scrub puffs. I thought a loofa was more of a spongie thing. But regardless, Paul likes having one. It holds the soap well and scrubs ya up real clean! HEHE..... (I do always try to get a nice BOY color for Paul though. Or at least a white one. He won't use pink.)

Anonymous said...

All of my boys and my husband use these and totally love them. No "real men" in this family I guess. They definitely use the manly colors though. Pink is right out!! :)