So this morning I took my mom to the doctor's office....first, let me tell you that my mom is feeling so much better. The reason I know she's not "acting" like she's feeling better is because I had the wonderful privilege of transferring ALL of her hair and makeup products downstairs so she could do her hair and put on makeup this morning and most likely every morning. She was very excited when I brought in the box ...yes, the box. Those of you who know me well know that my array of hair and makeup products could fit inside a quart size ziploc...The doctor said she is looking good and she just has to be careful that she doesn't mess up her back (bending, twisting, lifting, falling, etc) because if she does, the damage will be ten times worse than what she was dealing with before. The only scary thing for me is that if she stands for longer than 5-7 minutes, she gets light headed and feels like she is going to pass out. So she is still pretty weak, but getting stronger each day.
Can someone please explain texting to me? I have become friends with one of my teammates (yes its a guy, but don't get excited, his intentions are purely "friends") and all we do is text...it gets a little frustrating sometimes because its nice to talk on the phone, there's all sorts of ways to read into what is said...or what isn't said, but other times texting convenient for me because I always have something to do and can get those things done inbetween texting, but I am pretty old fashioned...I definitely like to chat, not text. And he is the only friend I have who likes to just...text! It's very strange to me...maybe because it is different. Apparently its the new way of communication. My high school students definitely like texting over calling. But I will admit, when my phone makes that sound to tell me that I have a text, its kinda fun. Anyway, if anyone has any insights about texting...please...share!!!!!
5 comments:
I agree on the texting becoming the new way of communicating, but I don't necessary approve, especially if you are "getting to know someone", even if he is scared of being more than just a "friend". Out of the blue, just call him and tell him you'd rather chat!! SOOOO glad your mom is doing better!
I'm a chat dummy.
I consider this blog comment a text. :D
I'm glad your mom is doing better. I sure wish I could make her some dinners...Have a yummy chicken pasta dish I tried on the family today..all loved it..Wish her the best. Love ya
I am soooo clueless when it comes to texting! Personally I hate it! I am so glad your mom is feeling better!
I like texting because it is just a really long conversation that doesn't talk about a lot, but I understand the frustration of not knowing what they really mean...
Advise: if it gets frustrating, just text him back saying that you would rather verbally talk and if he is not to busy call you back. I have done that before and it works. :)
And I am really glad that your mom is doing better. Tell her I say hi!!
Post a Comment