Gig Harbor, Washington had no idea what hit it this weekend. On Friday night, I flew up to join my mom (Pat), Aunt Lynn and Uncle Richard, their kids and families, and Aunt Joyce and Uncle Steve for “Aunt Pat’s Phun and Phunky Pajama Pizza Party” at Aunt Lynn and Uncle Richard’s “phat pad." Weldon won the prize for the BEST pajamas….I have to say, they were pretty darn cute. :P We danced, ate lots of food, and just had an awesome time!






On Saturday, my cousin, Carl, and I went to breakfast at Starbucks…did you know that they have breakfast sandwiches? They are so good! Then we went for a walk on a trail in the McCormick Forest Park….or something like that. Carl walks and runs this trail quite often to stay in shape.



That afternoon, my mom, Aunt Lynn, my cousin’s daughter Hadley, and I went to lunch at the Victorian Tea Room in Port Orchard. My mom use to take Nana there when she would fly up to visit. We enjoyed our light lunch and then a trip to Walmart to buy Hadley her own tea set!


Saturday night was way fun. My cousins Sheena, Carl, Jared, and Jared's friend, Danny, took me Go Kart Racing!!!! We got to wear these cool helmets, make up our own racing nickname and race around the track in our little go-karts….my racing nickname was Turtle….I lived up to it well! Jared (aka Fuzz) kicked all our trashes with his fastest lap-time of 37 seconds…my fastest laptime was 45! Sheena (aka Frisky) came in 2nd with a lap time of 38 seconds, followed by Danny (aka..um..I can’t remember! ), Carl (aka Almighty Carl) and Turtle (me!). Then we went to Wendy’s and back to Sheena’s place to watch a video. Sunday after church, we had lunch at Aunt Lynn’s (let’s hear it for Chili and Cornbread!), then I flew back to Utah only to wake up to about a foot of snow!!!! Now, I know a foot of snow is not that big of deal…the amount of snow we’ve had in the last three weeks is the most I’ve ever seen in my life! Anyway, the weekend was awesome….thanks to the McCowns and Mom for a “phat and phabulous” time!
6 comments:
Sounds like tons of fun. Your mom ALWAYS knows how to throw a party. I love her. SNOW, what's that? Nice down here.
That weekend sounds like a blast, Marla. Your family always does the most fun crazy stuff. I think I need to take my kids goKart racing, what a good idea, thanks!
Girl you are ALWAYS on the move. What fun!!!
You are always up to fun stuff. What a great family. I would love to spend a day in the life of Marla!!!! Cute pictures. Thanks for your email too. I love getting your updates. I will email you back soon.
I love reading about your weekends! You always have so much fun!!!
Marla, you are the one to go to for fun!! Tristan and I are hooked on the world trivia game things. I'll let you know when I finally pass a hard level. :)
Post a Comment